Fire and smoke damage can be devastating. What is not physically destroyed by the fire can be damaged by the water used to fight the fire as well as soot and smoke odor. Not only the structure can be damaged but the contents and sentimental items. Horizon Carpet Care & Restoration has solutions to handle all of the associated problems with a fire loss. In a minor losses we can deodorize the contents in place while the owners reside in their home.
What Separates Us from the Competition?
- We are IICRC Certified – Most restoration companies are not certified. Some of the certifications we hold are: IICRC Certified Firm, Master Fire and Smoke Restorer, Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT), Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT), Applied Structural Drying Technician (ASD), Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT), Odor Control Technician (OCT) and Master Water Restorer. Is your restoration company certified? Here is a link to the IICRC website for certification verification. Is my restoration company certified?
- We can deodorize content in place – Most restoration companies use ozone and must remove the smoke odor contents for remediation. The home owners must leave their home because ozone cannot be used around animals or humans because it may cause damage to mucous and respiratory tissues. Our technology permits us to allow the home owner to live within their residence during selected fire damage remediations while keeping their content in place and usable.
- We will remove all of the smoke odor from the structure – This is where most remediation companies fail. They will thermo-fog, paint shellac over structural components, use ozone and still have issues with odor removal. We will guarantee complete odor removal without using useless procedures.
- We will soda blast to remove carbon and smoke build-up – Wire bushes, sand paper and grinding wheels are tools of the past. Soda blasting will remove hard to get carbon and smoke build up in recesses and pores where other abrasive technics are not effective.
- We are mold remediation specialists – It is very common to have water damage in conjunction with fire damage losses due to fire fighting efforts. Restoration companies have to be concerned about mold contamination. We understand how mold develops and how to prevent it. This knowlage could be the difference between a controlled water/fire damage job or a preventable mold remediation job. We believe that all water/fire damage restoration companies should be certified in mold remediation.
- We are licensed contractors in Idaho and Oregon – Idaho RCE-31967, Oregon CCB# 198487 Not only can we dry out your home we can do the repairs as well.
- We use state of the art equipment – Most of the large national brand companies use outdated equipment which could compromise the results or drying and remediating the structure.
- We will not send temporary labor workers – All of our technicians are our own employees and are trained to recognize the hazards affiliated with fire and water damage remediation. They passed a medical pulmonary clearance by a doctor and a respirator fit test by a certified independent company. Many restoration companies will have a couple crew leaders on staff and hire temporary employees to fill the ranks. These temp workers will not have proper safety training and are not restoration technicians. This can lead to a liability exposure to the home owner.